Thursday, September 23, 2010

My Favorite Breakfast {at the moment}

I have always been a lover of peanut butter toast.  For breakfast... for dinner... for a snack.  I'll eat it any time.  It's so simple and so yummy.  Especially alongside a big glass of milk.

So, I've been on a nutella kick lately.  Ok, it's more like a craze.  I'm crazy about nutella.

One morning, I reached in the cupboard for the peanut butter, and right next to it was the nutella.  I thought, "Ooooooo. That would be good."  So I added some to my peanut butter toast.  Yum.

Then, a few weeks ago, a revolutionary breakthrough occurred.  I'm laying on the couch reading a book when Phil walks into the room with a sandwich.  The following scene unfolds:


Me:  What'cha got?
Phil:  (with a mischievous grin) Something good.
Me:  Can I have a bite?
Phil:  Maybe.  (walks over to the couch and gives me a bite)
Me: (chewing) It's peanut butter and nutella... with... hmmm... with... cinnamon!!!  Heaven in my mouth!!!
Phil: (grinning) Yeah.  I know.  I just made it up.


I was amazed.  You see, Phil's idea of being creative with food is throwing a can of cream of mushroom soup in with egg noodles.  {Uuugggghhhh.  Gross.  No offense, honey.}  But then he completely amazed me with his culinary  brilliance :) and created what is now my favorite breakfast.

Whole wheat toast.  A layer of peanut butter.  A thin layer of nutella overtop.  And a sprinkling of cinnamon.






Along with a cup of milk {or coffee, depending on how my morning's going}. 





Oh so delicious.  Try this.  You won't regret it.

 

2 comments:

  1. Rachel! I tried this and it is delicious. I'm too embarrassed to share how many pieces I've had since buying Nutella yesterday evening :-D

    Thanks for sharing!!

    www.mamabearshideaway.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jackie! So glad you like it!! Don't be embarrassed... I'm totally addicted, so I know exactly what you're talking about :) I swear I'm tempted to make it every time I open the cupboard!!

    ReplyDelete