Friday, October 7, 2011

Must Share

Last week I had a chance to go to a Switchfoot concert.

So, of course, I went.  Phil had to work so I took my mama and my cousin with me.  The opening bands were ok.  I wish they would have played half as much so that Switchfoot could have played twice as much.





You see... Switchfoot and I have a very special relationship.  It is sacred.

Their lead singer and songwriter -- Jon Foreman -- well, he is a poet who speaks right into my soul.

Seriously.

I've always told Phil that he puts all these thoughts and feelings that I have into beautiful, beautiful, beautiful words.

It all started with an album called "Learning to Breathe."  It came out when I was 13.  And ever since then I've been hooked.

Phil bought me tickets to my first Switchfoot concert the beginning of our senior year in high school.  It was amazing.  So when I heard they were going to be in GR, I knew I had to go.

Thought I'd share a little bit of my experience with you --




He sings and you can tell that he feels the words he's singing.  And I was up in the stands feeling every word right along with him : )



No comments:

Post a Comment