Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Thrive

I cannot help but post about Jon Foreman once again.






Switchfoot's new CD, Vice Verses, has been my constant companion for two weeks now.

It is so good.

And one song especially has really spoken to me.  It's called "Thrive."

Have a listen...






I know I said this before, but I'm going to say it again -- it amazes me how he can take things that I'm feeling and put them into words so effortlessly.




been fighting things that i can't see
like voices coming from the inside of me
like doing things i find hard to believe in
am i myself or am i dreaming


i've been awake for an hour or so
checking for a pulse but i just don't know
am i a man if i feel like a ghost
the stranger in the mirror is wearing my clothes


no i'm not alright
i know that i'm not right
a steering wheel don't mean you can drive
a warm body don't mean i'm alive
feel like i travel but never arrive
i wanna thrive not just survive







No comments:

Post a Comment