Thursday, October 14, 2010

ArtPrize

A few weekends ago we went to ArtPrize.

If you don't know what that is, I'll explain...

ArtPrize is an art festival/competition that takes place in Grand Rapids, MI.  Hundreds of pieces of artwork are displayed at all different venues across the city... All types of art {2D, 3D, time-based, etc} are located at almost 200 different venues {museums, restaurants, hotels, etc}  People come from all over to view the art and then vote for their favorite.  The top 10 pieces receive prizes.. with 1st receiving $250,000.

Lucky me... I live not too far from Grand Rapids : )

This is the 2nd annual ArtPrize, and for some crazy reason Phil and I did not go last year.  So, we were completely blown away by the amazing pieces of art we saw!

Here's some of the ones we really enjoyed.



This is my sister : ) She went with us.



 Phil liked this one



 A rag rug dress!



 Phil's favorite and the 4th place winner.



 The 1st place winner.  A pencil drawing.  The minute details in this one were amazing!


 Elephants on the sidewalk : )



 No, this guy is not real. Definitely the most realistic model I've ever seen. Really cool, but kind of creepy too.

 

 So delicate and pretty.



{Sigh}... I love beautiful things.



And last but not least... my favorite, and the 2nd place winner.  That's stained glass.  Yes, that's right, stained glass.




I was completely enthralled by her... can you tell? 


 If you're ever around GR during ArtPrize... go!!  You won't regret it!

No comments:

Post a Comment